Tips for Removing Mites from the Mattress
Although these bacteria are tiny and imperceptible to the naked eye, every day we live with them for at least 8 hours while we sleep. Mites cause different discomforts, especially people with allergies, asthma or respiratory problems. That is why today we bring you some tips to eliminate mites from the mattress.
How to combat mites
A home-based and effective idea to combat mites is to use baking soda and essential oil of mint or lavender. Just place a cup of baking soda inside a glass jar and then about 4 or 5 drops of essential oil; shake vigorously and then place it in a sieve or strainer, through it, spread it over the entire mattress and let it act for an hour.
After a while, simply suck the baking soda and then places clean bedding and you will have your bed in optimal conditions to enjoy a restful and bacteria-free sleep.
When you do the daily cleaning of the bedroom, suck the mattress on both sides with a powerful vacuum cleaner, and if possible leave it in the sun for a few hours (at least 3).
How to prevent mites
- Wash bedding often weekly and with a water temperature between 55 and 60 degrees, but can also be washed in very hot water.
- Ventilate the bedroom of your house frequently, the fewer times you do, the greater the chances that the mites will be happily installed in your armchairs and chair covers, as well as the mattress and bedding.
- Get rid of the old sheep wool mattresses, the mites love it.
- If you can, use special anti-mite covers for both mattresses and pillows.
- Do not sweep the room, it is always better to suck or directly pass the mop or wet mops to prevent dust mites from further dispersing.
- Do not let pets enter the room.
Although it may seem like a complicated task, removing mites from the mattress are taking care of your health and that of your family.